As a game designer, you'll bring ideas, build prototypes, create interactive narration and develop the game's mechanics. You'll design systems that are easily maintainable, expandable and comfortable to use, while injecting fun into the user experience.
Our Blockchain games are available across a variety of formats and platforms, including mobile and desktop, and you'll need to use a range of technical and creative skills to imagine, test and develop your ideas.
As a game designer, you may work on a design that you've conceived yourself or from a pre-approved idea, or extend the functionality and playability of an existing game.
Whatever your role, you'll need to:
- use your creativity to design games for a range of devices and platforms that engage and capture the imagination of the user.
- consider, plan and detail every element of the game including the setting, rules, story flow, props, vehicles, character interface and modes of play.
- put together a concept document and use this to convince the development team that the game or feature is worth proceeding with.
- conduct market research to understand what your target audience wants.
- transform a rough idea into a detailed concept and then implement it.
- write scripts and design storyboards.
- Define user and player flows, the interactions and decisions for the game loops and translate into low fidelity wireframe and clickable prototypes.
- work collaboratively with others, including game developers, writers, artists and programmers, to produce a prototype - a small-scale playable version of the game.
- make adjustments to the game design specifications to reflect developments as the project moves forward.
- train quality assurance (QA) testers to play the game so they can test it properly.
- lead on the user experience (UX) design of the game, ensuring players have the best experience.
- work alone or within a larger collaborative team overseen by a lead designer or product owner.
- Demonstrable experience in Game Design, User Experience Design together with the potential and attitude required to learn
- Solid knowledge of the latest design tools for creating user flows, wireframes, low fidelity prototypes, high fidelity prototypes
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Unity engine and other game engines
- A passion for gaming and an understanding of the different hardware platforms available for games
- Communication skills, both verbal and written, to put your ideas across to other members of the team
- Team working skills and the ability to collaborate with others to create the finished game
- An innovative approach to game design and the ability to come up with new ideas
- A willingness and aptitude to learn new technical skills such as version control software
- Problem-solving skills
- A flexible approach to work in order to tailor your ideas and to meet deadlines
- Commitment and focus to complete every task to a high standard
- Mathematical and analytical understanding.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, Google Sheets and Excel
- Proficient Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Excellent problem-solving skills, resourceful, able to find solutions when needed.
- High degree of self-motivation, good communication skills, and team-player attitude
- Experience working remote across different time zone
- Must speak conversational English
- Blockchain, blockchain gaming
- Gaming, Gambling or trading game experience
- Knowledge of trading cryptocurrency or forex
- Knowledge of NFTs and NFT marketplaces
- Working within a decentralized global team
- technical ability, in particular familiarisation with a range of programming languages and software technologies and packages such as C#, C++ and Python
- scripting and design capabilities using software such as Blueprint Visual Scripting within Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Opportunity to grow professional development in the team of experienced professionals
- Being a part of a small, independent team with as little bureaucracy and as much transparency as it’s possible
- Competitive salary
- Remote working
- Bonus scheme
How to apply
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you’re a great fit for the team